Monday, September 18, 2017

Small Napoleonic Armies in 28mm: Finally Ready to Play My First HFG Game

I finally received enough painted French troops from my painter, which I have based, to play my first HFG game. I have the following French elements available:

4 x Light Cavalry (Hussars)
4 x Dragoons
9 x Bayonets (Line Infantry)
2 x Inferior Muskets (dismounted Dragoons)
3 x Elite Bayonets (Oudinot's Grenadiers)
2 x Field Artillery
1 x Heavy Artillery
3 x Command Parties




Above are the French. They are comprised mostly of Victrix plastic. The Grenadiers and Marshals are metal Perrys and the Cavalry is plastic Perry.

In preparing to play HFG, I was unable to find a good quick reference sheet on the HFG Yahoo Group. I wound up making my own using Excel, though it is 4 pages. I did simplify it by placing movement, distant shooting, close combat, and miscellaneous items on their own sheet. I also converted the "paces" measurements in HFG to Base Widths (BW) as in DBA 3.0.

I still have over 60 French infantry still at the painters. When finished, I should be able to match the 3 Austrian Corps with 3 French ones. I have started a Russian "Column" of 2 Divisions as reinforcements to the Austrians. The Russian 2 x 12# Heavy Batteries and 2 x Horse Gun Batteries are below.




Russian Guns are Old Glory. Foot & Horse Artillerists are Casting Room Miniatures. At some point, probably this winter, I will flock or "tuft" the bases with static grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment