Wednesday, March 11, 2020

More Recruits

I've been working on re-basing and varnishing about 114 painted French infantry in bicornes that I bought from friend Mike Zammuto. They are Victrix plastic figures that were organized for the Column, Line, & Square rules. I had to cut them from their plastic bases by trimming around the figure base & leaving a same-sized piece of the plastic base still attached. I used a wire cutter, which went surprisingly fast. I roughed up the base bottoms, then glued the figures to MDF laser-cut "Georgo" bases that I purchase from Games-Plus in Mt Prospect IL. I use wood glue, which is stronger than ordinary white glue. After drying 24 hours, I then covered the flock with "Future Floor Finish", an acrylic liquid which, when dry, turns the flock into a solid acrylic mass. I then varnished the figures using "Polyshades" polyurethane with a tudor brown tint. Below are the results.



The Polyshades give the figures a light shading similar to Army Painter, but much less expensive. I prefer a gloss finish, much like what famous British wargamer Peter Gilder's figures had. I have to terrain the bases next.

No comments:

Post a Comment