Thursday, March 5, 2020

New Recruits

I haven't posted in awhile because not much has been happening in my hobby. However, I just received some of my Casting Room 28mm 1805 Russians that I intend to use for Blucher, HFG (Horse, Foot, & Guns), and DBN. My friend Al Hulton painted these, and did a wonderful job. I just finished mounting them on 60mm X 30mm MDF bases, the artillery on 60mm X 60mm.

 Above are the Russians that Al has completed for me so far. 4 stands of artillery and 11 stands of infantry.


 Russian foot artillery. Licorne guns.


 Above are the Kursk Regiment (foreground), and the Old Ingermanland Regiment (Second row). Al painted the pompoms with the various battalion distinctives.


 Above is the Perm Regiment.


 Above is the Pskov Regiment (2 left stands) and the Archangel Regiment (2 right stands).


 A single stand of the Pavlovsk Grenadier Regiment. 4 more figures are pending.


 Rear view of the Pavlovsk.


Very impressive indeed. I have about 20 more figures pending.

I still need to terrain the bases (white glue, sand, paint, & flock) and add flags & poles. I have to obtain flags for the standard bearers from GMB Designs. 

I plan to use 2 bases of infantry per brigade for Blucher (which I hope will make the unit more aesthetically pleasing), while HFG & DBN use a single base for infantry brigades (though I suppose I could use 2 for them as well). I have also made labels for each brigade for Blucher, since that game requires maintaining a roster.

2 comments: